TERMS AND CONDITIONS : BUBBLE RUSH DUBLIN
August 10th 2019 – Malahide Castle & Gardens
This isn’t your average fun run, so please ensure you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions before registering to take part in Bubble Rush Dublin.
The event organiser (the organiser) referred to in these Terms and Conditions is Extreme Adventure Ltd.
The nominated charity partner for this event is Make-A-Wish Ireland, as detailed in the event description.
- These booking terms and conditions apply to everyone who takes part in Bubble Rush and those who attend as spectators.
- These terms and conditions contain important information regarding participation and upon entry you agree to and accept these terms and conditions.
- All participants taking part in Bubble Rush do so at their own risk. In no event shall the organiser (Extreme Adventure Ltd) and/or the charity partner be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever.
- By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during the event to be used to publicise Bubble Rush. Should special dispensation be required, it is the responsibility of the participants to inform the organiser of such requirements.
- Participants must submit an official registration form via the event website with the correct non-refundable registration fee.
- All ages of participants are welcome.
- Under 16s need to be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult, who has also registered for the event. One adult can accompany up to 3 children under 16.
- Children under 3 years of age can take part for free but will not receive a free t-shirt or medal, unless stated in the specific event information.
- The registration fee contributes largely to the cost of staging Bubble Rush and includes your entry pack, finisher’s medal and event t-shirt. All funds donated or raised in sponsorship go towards the nominated charity partner.
- Your registration fee is non transferable and non refundable. You may give your ticket to someone else but you must contact Us to ensure we have the details of the new participant and they must accept our Terms. If you have set up a fundraising page please be aware that you are still liable for the fundraising target. (please also refer to the Sponsorship section)
- Event day information will be emailed to you approximately 2 weeks before the event. Included in the pack will be details of how to collect your free Bubble Rush t-shirt . You will need to print off or download your confirmation email and bring it to the event to claim your t-shirt(s)
- If you want to take part in a group please make sure you enter in the same start wave as it may not be possible to make changes to your entry once a wave is full.
- The organiser reserves the right to alter the wave start times in the event – this will usually only be necessary if poor weather is forecast, or at the request of the venue. You will be notified by email and should follow the event page on Facebook and Twitter @bubblerush5k for notification of any changes.
- If we have to change the date of the advertised event due to circumstances beyond our control, e.g. extreme weather or alterations by the venue, we will endeavour to rearrange the date and transfer your place to the new date. If you are unable to attend the new date we will refund your entry fee however all refunds must be claimed within one calendar month of the date we notify you of the change. If we are unable to reorganise the event we will refund the entry fee.
By signing up to take part in a Bubble Rush you understand that this is a charity event and that you will either make a donation or include some fundraising as part of your preparation for the event.
- Sponsorship packs and fundraising information will be sent to you by the charity and will be sent via e-mail, using the address you provide during registration. Instructions for paying funds in will be included in your Event Day Information Pack, which will be emailed to you approx. 2 weeks before the event.
- All funds raised by your participation in Bubble Rush are raised for the sole purpose and benefit of the nominated charity.
- The Bubble Rush race course is approximately 5km, made up of a single lap or two laps of 2.5k long . Details of the course will be provided in the Event Day information.
- It is not a race and is a non-competitive, non-timed event. Participants can walk, jog or run and bypass bubble stations if necessary.
- At registration for the event each participant will receive an individual participant number. This must be attached to the Bubble Rush t-shirt which is provided as part of your entry to the event. It is a requirement that you complete the emergency contact information and provide any relevant medical information on the reverse of the race number before you start the run, and wear this number throughout the event.
- For your safety and enjoyment of the event, we ask that you follow and adhere to the instructions given by the event organisers and event marshals.
- If you are unable to complete the 5km route in full, you must inform an event marshal that you are unable to continue and hand in your participant number. Assistance can be sought if required. The event organiser recommends that where possible participants should walk with an acquaintance or stay with other participants.
- NO DOGS should be brought along by participants in the Bubble Rush and spectators must not be take dogs on the course or through the bubbles. This includes dogs that can be carried. This is in the best interest of all participants and your family pet . However, please note that Bubble Rush events take place in a public place and there may be dogs off the lead that belong to walkers in the area that are unconnected to the event.
- Bubble Rush involves a level of sustained physical activity. Participants make the decision to take part and must be satisfied that this activity is suitable for them as individuals. Neither the event organiser nor its affiliates can be held accountable for aggravation to illness or injury sustained due to participation in this activity.
- Participants are recommended to seek advice from their medical practitioner prior to taking part in this event, and make provisions to ensure their safe participation. Medical assistance will be available during Bubble Rush.
- Participants are asked to come equipped with whatever necessary clothing, medication and nourishment is required to enable enjoyable and safe participation in this activity. Water will be available at the finish and, in some circumstances may also be available on the course.
- We aim to ensure the commencement of the event, however should a decision be necessary to postpone or cancel the event, participants are encouraged to look out for updates via the Bubble Rush website and social media channels @bubblerush5k.
- Should alterations to the planned activity be necessary to ensure safety of our participants, we will give prior notice either before the event or on arrival to the event of any alterations made. This includes any changes to the start time and any additional wave start times.
- Due to the ingredients used for the dyes in the bubbles these may stain clothing and temporarily colour your skin. It is the participant’s responsibility to come suitably dressed for the event. The event organisers take no responsibility for colour stains on any shoes or clothing.
- British weather is known to be changeable, so be aware that conditions may be bright and sunny or cold, wet and windy. Please dress appropriately for the weather on the day. We suggest you bring a change of clothes for the journey home.
- Alcohol is not permitted at the event. The organiser reserves the right to disqualify anyone who is under the influence of alcohol, whether consumed prior to commencement or during the event. This is done in order to prevent risk to the safety and enjoyment of yourself and others.
- We welcome wheelchair users, however the route will include grass and paths which could be uneven and challenging in places, therefore we advise you check your chair can accommodate this and you may wish to bring someone along to help. Please ensure that you have taken this into consideration before booking, if you would like further information please contact the organiser prior to booking, for more details.
- The Event Organiser and the charity partner reserve the right to update its terms and conditions in relation to any Bubble Rush event at any time prior to the event. All participants will be provided with any updated terms and conditions in advance of the event as part of the Event Day Information or on the day of the event.
Data protection – How we will use your personal information
Information you provide will be used to process your entry in the Bubble Rush and keep you informed in the run up to the event day. This communication will be sent either directly by the Organiser, the charity partner and via our event ticket platform (Eventbrite).
Once your entry has been accepted you will receive a confirmation email. We will subsequently contact you by email with information about the event, including messages from the charity about fundraising. The charity will send you information about fundraising and how your support helps their work. After the event we will send a further email to provide information about returning sponsorship.
After the event the organiser and the charity would like to keep you informed by email about other 5k events we organise, including any future Bubble Rush 5k events in your region. If you do not wish to receive these communications you will be able to specify your communication preferences and opt out of emails by following the link on the email newsletter.
If you have any questions about Bubble Rush that are not answered here please contact us.