Please ensure you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions before registering to take part in Bubble Rush.
The event organiser (the organiser) referred to in these Terms and Conditions is Extreme Adventure Ltd.
- These booking terms and conditions apply to everyone who takes part in Bubble Rush and those who attend as spectators.
- These terms and conditions contain important information regarding participation and upon entry you agree to and accept these terms and conditions.
- All participants taking part in Bubble Rush do so at their own risk. In no event shall the organiser (Extreme Adventure Ltd) or the charity partner be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever.
- By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during the event to be used to publicise Bubble Rush. It is the responsibility of the participants to inform the organiser before the event and/or at Registration if they do not wish to be photographed or filmed.
- Participants must submit an official registration form via the event website with the correct non-refundable registration fee.
- All ages of participants are welcome to take part.
- Under 16s must be accompanied at all times around the course by a responsible adult, who has also registered for the event. One adult can accompany up to 3 children.
- Children under 3 years of age can take part for free but will not receive a t-shirt or medal.
- Your registration fee is non transferable and non refundable. You may give your ticket to someone else but if you have selected a fundraising ticket or set up a fundraising page please be aware that you are still liable for the fundraising target. (please also refer to the Sponsorship section)
- Event day information will be emailed to you approximately 2 weeks before the event. Included in the pack will be details of how to collect your free Bubble Rush t-shirt. You will need to print off or download your confirmation email to the event to claim your t-shirt(s)
- If you want to take part in a group please make sure you enter in the same start wave as it may not be possible to make changes to your entry once a wave is full. If you do want to request a transfer please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The organiser reserves the right to alter the wave start times in the event – this will usually only be necessary if poor weather is forecast, or at the request of the venue. You will be notified by email and should follow the event page on Facebook and Twitter for notification of any changes.
- By signing up to take part in Bubble Rush you understand that this is a charity event and that you will either make a donation as part of your entry fee or include some fundraising for the nominated charity partner as part of your preparation for the event.
- All participants accept and understand that they cannot use their place in this event to promote or fundraise for any other charity.
- Registration fees will go direct to Extreme Adventure Ltd to cover the costs of staging the event. Event day activities and sale of merchandise are organised by the charity partner. All profits from individual and corporate sponsorship and event day activities will go directly to the charity partner.
- The Bubble Rush race course is approximately 5km, the route is 2.5k long so to complete the course participants will complete the loop twice.
- It is not a race and is a non-competitive, non-timed event. Participants can walk, jog or run and bypass bubble stations if necessary.
- On the day of the event, each participant will receive an individual participant number. Please ensure you complete the contact and any relevant medical information on the reverse and wear this number tthroughout the event. The race number must be worn over your Bubble Rush t-shirt which is provided as part of your entry to the event.
- All participants must wear the Bubble Rush t-shirt and number to identify you as a registered participant to event staff and course marshals.
- For your safety and enjoyment of the event, we ask that you follow and adhere to the instructions given by the event organisers and event marshals.
- If you are unable to complete the 5km route in full, you must inform an event marshal that you are unable to continue and hand in your participant number. Assistance can be sought if required. The event organiser recommends that where possible participants should walk with an acquaintance or stay with other participants.
- We kindly request that NO DOGS, are brought along to the Bubble Rush and are not taken on the course or through the bubbles. This includes dogs that can be carried. This is in the best interest of all participants and your family pet . However, please note that Bubble Rush events are held in public places and there may be dogs off the lead that belong to walkers in the area that are unconnected to the event.
- Bubble Rush involves a level of sustained physical activity. Participants make the decision to take part and must be satisfied that this activity is suitable for them as individuals. Neither the event organiser, the charity nor its affiliates can be held accountable for aggravation to illness or injury sustained due to participation in this activity.
- Participants are recommended to seek advice from their medical practitioner prior to taking part in this event, and make provisions to ensure their safe participation. Medical assistance will be available during Bubble Rush (9.30am – 12.30pm).
- Participants are asked to come equipped with whatever necessary clothing, medication and nourishment is required to enable enjoyable and safe participation in this activity.
- We aim to ensure the commencement of the event, however should a decision be necessary to postpone or cancel the event, participants are encouraged to look out for updates on our social media channels @bubblerush5k.
- Should alterations to the planned activity be necessary to ensure safety of our participants, we will give prior notice either before the event or on arrival to the event of any alterations made. This includes any changes to the start time and any additional wave start times.
- Due to the ingredients used for the dyes in the bubbles these may stain clothing and temporarily colour your skin. It is the participant’s responsibility to come suitably dressed for the event. The event organisers take no responsibility for colour stains on shoes, clothing or other personal possessions of participants or spectators at the event.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather on the day. We suggest you bring a change of clothes for the journey home.
- Alcohol is not permitted at the event. The organiser reserves the right to disqualify anyone who is under the influence of alcohol, whether consumed prior to commencement or during the event. This is done in order to prevent risk to the safety and enjoyment of yourself and others.
- We welcome wheelchair users, however the route is on grass which is uneven and challenging in places, therefore we advise you check your chair can accommodate this and you may wish to bring someone along to help. Please ensure that you have taken this into consideration before booking, if you would like further information please contact the organiser prior to booking.
- The Event Organiser and the Charity reserve the right to update its terms and conditions in relation to the Bubble Rush at any time prior to the event. All participants will be provided with any updated terms and conditions in advance of the event as part of the Event Day Information and will be available on the day of the event.
Data protection – How we will use your personal information
- Information you provide will be used by the Event Organiser to process your entry into Bubble Rush and keep you informed about the event and supporting the Charity in the run up to the event day.
- All communication from the Event Organiser will be sent by email. If your email address changes between registering for the event and the event day please notify us.
- Final event day information will be emailed to you 2 weeks before the event.
After the Bubble Rush event we would like to keep you informed by email about other 5k events we organise, including any future Bubble Rush 5k events in your region. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out at any time by following the link on the email newsletter.
If you have any questions about Bubble Rush please contact email@example.com or contact our office on 01270 524075